Whenever any red flags are noticed which may require specialist intervention or advice, the doctors are advised to first get specialist advice by discussing the case with a specialist.
Doing this will ensure two things :
- The specialist may recommend an investigation or a course of action that enables early diagnosis and local treatment.
- Timely referral to the specialist
The specialist advice system includes the following tools to help the doctors to identify such red flags :
- Red flag guidelines will be published for each subspecialty. Red flag guidelines that are already published are available here <link>
- Lectures from IAP experts for each subspecialty on the red flag signs and best practices for local care under specialist advice
- The mobile application of the specialist advice system will prompt the doctor during consultation if any specialist advice is recommended, whenever a symptom/red flag is noticed. To get and use the doctor mobile application, please click here <link>
Even without the mobile application, it is easy for doctors to access and use specialist advice. Click here to know how to use the system