The Primary Immunodeficiency program is an initiative by Indian Academy of Pediatrics to create a nationally available program for the early detection and diagnosis of inborn errors of immunity in children.
It aims to solve the problem of over 95% of treatable inborn errors of immunity cases remaining undiagnosed, leading to morbidities and death.
The Primary immunodeficiency program includes:
1. New National Red Flag Guidelines published by IAP for early detection of inborn errors of immunity/ primary immunodeficiency.
The red flag guidelines for Primary immunodeficiency program are available here: https://smartclinic2.diapindia.org/siei-red-flag-guidelines/
2. Training on Red Flag Guidelines to the pediatricians by IAP.
Video on the guideline
3. Tele-access to pediatric immunologists/ hematologists who are mapped to pediatric clinics by IAP.
4. End to end diagnostic capabilities fulfilled by NCTB and other locally available laboratories.
5. Children diagnosed with inborn errors of immunity/ primary immunodeficiency are referred to pediatric immunologists/ hematologists.